Date: Thursday 15th December 2022
Time: 12.30pm – 1.45pm
Presenters: Rich Harvey, CEO, propertybuyer.com.au
Alan Oster Group Chief Economist National Australia Bank Limited
Where: Online Live Webinar
With interest rates rising rapidly, cost of living pressures in the headlines and unstable global economic and political events, it can leave you wondering how the property market will fare in 2023. Will we see further pull back in the property market? Will higher mortgage rates lead to widespread defaults and distressed selling? What opportunities will there be for savvy property buyers in the new year?
We are privileged to have Alan Oster, Chief Economist from National Australia Bank, coming to share his economic insights and forecasts for the coming year.
We will cover a wide range of topics including:
• Will Australia avoid a recession in 2023?
• How is Australia’s economy likely to perform compared to the US, Europe and other key western economies
• How quickly will the RBA get inflation under control?
• Alan’s predictions on interest rates - what will the terminal rate actually be?
• The Resilience of the Australian property market - we have seen this tested significantly during COVID-19. But to what extent well strong economic headwinds put pressure on property prices?
• Alan’s predictions for property prices in 2023 and 2034 for the major capital cities
• The link between consumer sentiment and property prices
• The impact on borrowing capacity from rising interest rates - to what extent has a borrowers’ capacity declined (compared to property price declines)
• How to take advantage of market conditions
This webinar will provide some of the best economic analysis available and give attendees real insights into the property market and likely conditions consumers will face in 2023.