If you’re looking for real estate in the Upper North Shore region it’s worth taking the time to familiarise yourself with the various suburbs, as they each have different personalities.
While areas like Waitara, Killara and Lindfield are always popular, in recent months we’ve seen quite a lot of movement in areas such as Pymble, Castle hill, Eastwood, Brooklyn, Epping, Berowra, Carlingford, Cherrybook, Beercroft and Glenhaven.
Suburbs in the Upper North Shore generally score well for ‘liveability’ (determined by factors such as transport, education, traffic, views and proximity to employment hubs). A recent livability study performed by Tract Consultants and Deloitte Access Economics ranked the North Shore Suburbs as follows:
1st: Waitara (located close to Hornsby, Normanhurst and Wahroonga) wins the prize for most liveable suburb on the upper north shore, thanks primarily to it’s proximity to train links, shops, business hubs, cafes and restaurants and schools.
2nd: Second place goes to Killara, which is a beautiful and conveniently located suburb between, Gordon, Lindfield and Macquarie Park.
3rd: Leafy Lindfield scores third place, located just 10 kilometres north-west of the Sydney CBD.
4th: The beautiful asquith – close to North Wahroonga, Mount Colah and Hornsby – comes in fourth place.
5th: Fifth place goes to Roseville, which scores brilliantly for mobile and internet coverage, proximity to employment hubs, tree cover, low crime rate and education.
The Upper North Shore comprises two local government areas: Ku-ring-gai Council and the Hornsby Shire Council. Below are a full list of the suburbs you’ll find there.
The Municipality of Ku-ring-gai Council includes the suburbs of (and which our buyers agents service):
- North Turramurra
- North St Ives
- North Wahroonga
- Roseville Chase
- South Turramurra
- St Ives
The Upper North Shore has homes with a vast array of style, elegance and charm in some pockets. It’s a family friendly community neighbourhood with sprawling backyards with BBQ’s and a pools and an enviable Sydney lifestyle.
The Hornsby Shire Council includes the suburbs of (and which our buyers agents service):
- Berowra Heights
- Berowra Waters
- Carlingford (shared with The Hills Shire and City of Parramatta)
- Castle Hill (shared with The Hills Shire)
- Eastwood (shared with City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)
- Epping (shared with City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)
- Glenhaven (shared with The Hills Shire)
- Hornsby Heights
- Mount Colah
- Mount Ku-ring-gai
Upper North Shore Schools
- Gordon East Public School
- Ravenswood School for Girls
- Barker College
- Hornsby Girls High School
- Hornsby Heghts Public School
- Hornsby North Public School
- Hornsby South Public School
- Beaumont Road Public School
- Killara High School
- Killara Public School
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School
- Lindfield East Public School
- Lindfield Public School
- Masada College
- Newington College Prep
- Gordon West Public School
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Catholic Primary School
- Pymble Ladies College
- Pymble Public School
- Sacred Heart Catholic School
- West Pymble Public School
- Roseville College
- Roseville Public School
- Brigidine College
- Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
- St Ives High School
- St Ives North Public School
- St Ives Park Public School
- St Ives Public School
- Sydney Grammar St Ives Prep School
- Ku-ring-gai High School
- Turramurra North Public School
- Turramurra High School
- Turramurra Public School
- Warrawee Public School
- Knox Grammar School
- Prouille Catholic Primary School
- St Edmund’s School
- St Leo’s Catholic College
- St Lucy’s School
- Wahroonga Adventist Primary School
- Wahroonga Public School
- Waitara Public School