FIND YOUR LOCAL BUYERS' ADVOCATE:
    TALKS & PODCAST           CALL US CALL US
1300 655 615
 
 

The
Propertybuyer

Podcast

Hear the latest weekly insights into the property market via podcast by Rich Harvey, CEO and founder of Propertybuyer.

 
Fri 3 May '24 with Rich Harvey Unpacking the Northern Beaches with Incredible Agents
 
 
Fri 29 Mar '24 with Rich Harvey How to build a $7 Million Property Portfolio from scratch
 
 
Sat 16 Mar '24 with Rich Harvey Why Invest in Melbourne?
 
 
Mon 26 Feb '24 with Rich Harvey Sydney’s Inner West – Hotspots and Outlook for 2024
 
 
Mon 12 Feb '24 with Rich Harvey Decoding Sydney’s North Shore Market – Outlook and Opportunities.
 
 
Sat 27 Jan '24 with Rich Harvey Home Buying in the Eastern Suburbs – A personal journey
 

 

Listen to many more
podcasts on our
Podcasts page.

 
 

The Propertybuyer
Podcast

 
Fri 3 May '24
with Rich Harvey
Unpacking the Northern Beaches with Incredible Agents
 
 
Fri 29 Mar '24
with Rich Harvey
How to build a $7 Million Property Portfolio from scratch
 
 
Sat 16 Mar '24
with Rich Harvey
Why Invest in Melbourne?
 
 
Mon 26 Feb '24
with Rich Harvey
Sydney’s Inner West – Hotspots and Outlook for 2024
 
 
Mon 12 Feb '24
with Rich Harvey
Decoding Sydney’s North Shore Market – Outlook and Opportunities.
 
 
Sat 27 Jan '24
with Rich Harvey
Home Buying in the Eastern Suburbs – A personal journey
 

 

Listen to many more
podcasts on our
Podcasts page.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Bridget's Story

Brisbane Investor

"..She is happy with her purchase and can't wait.... "

Location: Brisbane

Price: Circa: $500,000

Buyer type: Investor

 

buyers advocate comments:

Bridget comes from a construction family and is a savvy investor. This is her second investment.  

PropertyBuyer was Bridget's fourth attempt to find a BA. The first BA she approached only wanted to sell her a new property, the second - made it known they were unimpressed with her low budget, the third had such a bad attitude, she quickly moved on. 

When I received Bridget as a buyer, she expressed how delighted she was with the level of service and care she'd received from our head office team and from Glen. She was really excited and ready to GO!


Bridget's budget was $500k and she wanted a low maintenance brick property on a large block with the prospect of adding a Granny Flat. She didn't mind an older property.  Her focus was on yield, growth and she was hoping to minimize her contributions to the mortgage. 

After inspecting 5 properties, we/I presented a written offer for 1 Tindle St, for $505k at the inspection as we agreed, if it looked good at inspection, it ticked all the boxes. I'd established in our initial chat that Bridget could stretch her budget a little if needed.  We had to move quickly as the property was listed for auction. I understood the agent was presenting offers to the seller in the next 2 days.
This house had 3/1/4 with a large water tank and garden shed. The house is located at the end of a cull de sac sitting on a 1089m block. I was able to confirm the council would allow a Granny Flat at the rear. I received a copy of the B & P and had a concern about an electrical matter. We added 1 condition to the contract - 7 days to get the electrical issue checked.

To meet the agent's request, Bridget increased her offer to $510k. About 5 days after signing the contract, the agent informed us the seller accepted a higher offer with a finance condition (interesting on a property for auction).

Then the agent called a few days later to say the original contract fell over. He said the seller had decided to go to auction and he didn't want any conditions on a contract. I asked if the seller was happy with the amount we'd offered. The answer was yes.  I asked if we could have 2 days to get the electrical issue checked so we could remove the condition from the contract.  The agent said no, and repeated what he had just told me. I asked if we could have 24 hours to get the check done.  He again said no. 

I "persisted" and said it was reasonable that he at least speak with the seller about my request. He agreed and came back with an ok. I asked if he would request a commitment from the seller to sign the contract if the check was ok and we removed the condition. Yes and yes. My newly found electrician was at the property he next day, no safety concerns, condition removed, contract signed !

To cap off a successful process, the bank valued the property at $525k. Bridget was able to speak to her broker any day of the week to get things moving. She is happy with her purchase and can't wait to repaint the red guttering and window shades. She has speaking with Hugo Alexander regarding Property Management.

It's been enormously satisfying to share this journey with Bridget.

Robyn Toohey

SPEAK TO 'Robyn Toohey'

Propertybuyer Brisbane

1300 655 615

Suite 3135

3 Parkland Boulevard

Brisbane City QLD 4000

Australia