Propertybuyer specialises in sourcing homes in Western Sydney (Penrith, Liverpool & Blacktown Local Government areas) with the aim of creating high yielding investments that also have capital growth and/or sub‐division potential. To achieve this we source properties that satisfy State Government and Local Council requirements for the construction of a self- contained detached flat on t! he block. Before offering a property to a client we conduct due diligence in conjunction with a licensed builder to complete our 20 point check list.
We’ve helped hundreds of investors with their plans to create a positive cashflow property portfolio. Finding a suitable site for a granny flat is not a walk in the park. It takes some detective work to identify the most suitable suburbs where the rental demand is high so the cashflow is positive. We often recommend a small renovation to the existing home at the same time as granny flat construction in order to add capital value and lift the rental return.
Here is a summary of the process that we use to help you:
- Engage propertybuyer
- We identify suburbs with high rental demand, affordable median price and established infrastructure
- Research and shortlist – many of these are off-market properties.
- Inspections and evaluation – we conduct thorough due diligence to ensure all planning issues resolved (e.g. block size, setbacks, services etc)
- Negotiate and secure – property contracts exchanged
- Scope of works for granny flat and/ or renovation
- Architect and builder engaged
- Local recommended property manager coordinates house tenant
- Property settled
- Granny flat plans certified or lodged with council (most are approved within 10 days as a complying development)
- Home owners warranty insurance confirmed
- Construction commences (8 to 10 weeks)
- Tenant secured for granny flat
The key to success with the granny flat strategy is good project management. We use fully licensed/insured builders and professionals to make sure the process flows smoothly – right through to helping you select a good managing agent.